Tuesday 13 March 2012

Bird Watching

It is very hard to get a picture of Dexter. Normally when I point the camera at him, he rushes towards me, "What's that Mum, why are you holding it up in front of your face Mum, let me lick it ."  Dexter also very rarely sits still.

We have lots of birds in our garden building nests at the moment. Dexter is very interested in birds and loves chasing pigeons.  Dexter knows that a good bird watcher has to sit very, very still.  Which meant I could get a couple of cute spring photographs.



6 comments:

  1. both of my pups used to do this. rocket wil still do this sometimes but he's still learning. if they know how to sit and stay, give this command and hold the treat by the camera lens. eventually, like yuki does, the pup will stay in position until they hear the camera clicks stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The minute you say they won't....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous photos of dexter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! It is hard to get pictures of the dogs. Pallo was near impossible to get good pictures of for the longest time (Koira has pretty much always been a natural poser). I find that if you set your dog up for a picture, or pull out the camera to take a picture of them, and they move, I just say nothing, put the dog gently back where I wanted them, back away, repeat until I can snap a photo. Then, I basically use the camera shutter sound as a clicker at first- if the dog holds still long enough for me to snap a photo, they get a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! Dexter you are beautiful!

    Nina, Myshka, Sasha, Betsy, Lucy, Phoebe and Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not just still, you have to be alert too yer know !
    Luvs Freya Rose Blossom X

    ReplyDelete