Dancing Dogs at Belvoir- 14 September 2013
♫ FUN TRICKS AND HEELWORK TO MUSIC COMPETITION
♬ At Belvoir Lodge Grantham, NG32 1PA ♬
♩14 September 2013 ♬
♪11:30am – 4pm♪
All proceeds shared between local and international charities
If you love teaching your dog tricks, this fun show is for you. It doesn’t matter if you have never put together a routine, or if you are taking your first steps in classes. Come and have a go at performing in a friendly environment. If you are more experienced in heelwork to music and canine freestyle, our judges can give feedback on your performances
Additionally you can enter the fun dogs show , explore the beautiful gardens and enjoy the hog roast, street food stall and licensed bar.
Classes – you can enter the same routine in more than one class.
1. Best story telling.
2. Best film (song or music from a film sound track)
3. Best west end show (song or music from a musical).
4. Best Golden Oldie (music from after 2001).
5. Best modern (songs from 2001-2013).
6. Best romantic
Rosettes will be awarded to sixth place. Routines will be judged on fun and entertainment value, so a simple routine with a great partnership between dog and handler that makes us laugh has as much chance as a very technical routine.
Two pounds per class or three classes for five pounds (entry to the event will be five pounds but will include three class entries.). Toys and Food welcome in the ring in all classes.
Some important things to note…
1. The emphasis of the day is fun. Volunteers from the local youth group are helping to steward and DJ at this event, who do not normally participate in heelwork to music shows. This is reflected in the price for entry.
2. The judges decision is final.
3. There will be no registration for classes before the event.
4. There will be no music check in.
5. Dogs do not have to be registered with the Kennel Club to participate however the must be over 12 months on the day to perform a heelwork to music routine, and 18 months in Freestyle.
6. No bitch in season is allowed to participate.
7. Participants are responsible for ensuring that their dog is healthy and fit to participate.
8. No person shall carry out punitive correction or harsh handling in the ring or in the grounds.
9. No moves which may cause injury to the dog are allowed
All dogs entered must be under control at all times.A dog who has been in contact and/or in the vicinity of a dog with a contagious disease within 21 days of the show may not attend the show.
1 Please clear up after your dogs.