Monday 16 April 2012

Monday Mischief at the show...

Luna, A Dog's Life 
Millie and I have been very busy at Newark Competitive Obedience show. We do the pre-beginners and beginners class.

 We have to do:
 1 minute sit stay, 2 minute down stay (Millie uses this as extra sleeping time, I pretend to be a very still soldier).
Walking to heel on lead and off lead (boring, we would both rather sniff).
Fetch a dumbell (cool, good game).
Recall present (fun because you get to run to Mum).

Millie did well for a little while, but she got bored after an hour or so, and even did some yoga stretches and poses, when she should have been doing down stay.

I was too excited to do any of it. There were sooo many fun people and dogs to see. I did give the judge a special kiss on the cheek when I went in the ring for my turn.

You can see some pictures here of the clever people and dogs who won rosettes.


In 3rd place was a St Bernard, we loved him. You do not see many giant breeds at competitive obedience shows. Thank you Sheffield GSD for a fun day.


Mum and Millie
Thanks to Alfie's Blog, Snoopy's Dog Blog, My Brown Newfies and Luna, A Dog's Life for hosting this blog hop.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Y'all,

    You'll get it figured out and the excitement will wane. I've learned to recognize the training and show rings and put on my best behavior.

    Just hopped over to catch up with your happenings and say hello! Have fun this week and try to avoid gettin' into mischief!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting for you guys! I'm just hopping over to say hello from the blog hop. Woof!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heehee! I bet the judge just loved your kiss! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to use romance to your advantage

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kisses will get you everywhere!

    Nina, Myshka, Sasha, Betsy, Lucy, Phoebe and Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dexter you're funny!!

    I like your alternative approach buddy!! Well, you wanna stand out from all the rest, right?! I bet you got first prize as the best Mischief Maker :)

    Have fun,

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete