Wednesday 26 October 2011

In the beginning

Dexter's story begins with Millie.  I have always loved dogs, my first dog was a little jack russell called Ben. We went everywhere together. After Ben, I wasn't able to have my own dog for many years, as I had a full time job with a long commute.

I filled the gap by sponsoring a greyhound through Dogs Trust who,  I was able to go and visit and occasionally take for walks.

In 2007 I got a job just 20 minutes from home, so I could easily get home at lunch time to see a dog, my partner David also worked shifts. So generally there would always be someone at home. So we decided to start looking for a dog.

I liked the idea of adopting an older dog , and wasn't sure if I had enough experience with dogs to train a puppy.  So we began looking for a rescue dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment